Patient and Colleague Feedback for Appraisal and Revalidation - Dentists
On 14th October 2010, the General Dental Council launched its revalidation consultation, stating:
'The GDC plans to introduce revalidation for dentists in 2014. Revalidation will make clear the minimum standards that all dentists must meet. It is expected that the majority of dentists will already be meeting these standards and should have no difficulty in revalidating - it will build on the current requirements for continuing professional development.'
It is possible that gathering patient and colleague feedback will form part of the revalidation process. CFEP are very experienced in this field both in the extensive use of our own multisource (MSF) 360° feedback tools and through our work with the Peninsula College of Medicine and Dentistry (PCMD) in the use of the General Medical Council's patient and colleague questionnaires for the revalidation of doctors.
CFEP Patient and Colleague Questionnaires
- Paper based patient questionnaire
- Online colleague questionnaire
- Online self assessment
Reasons to choose:
- Tried and tested process
- Experienced support team to assist
- Run at individual, organisational level
- Report illustrates feedback in a sensitive yet informative format
- Supporting documentation and action plan
- Use of 'Supporting Medical Colleague' at point of feedback